Kenilworth and District Honour Board
- A timber panel Honour Board commemorating the service of 27 individuals from the district during the First World War, and 102 individuals during the Second World War. Three individuals were killed in action between 1914-1918 and 5 between 1939-1945, with two missing in WWII. The names are listed alphabetically and chronologically from each conflict in gilt lettering and in three columns. There are two 'eternal' flames displayed on the flanks. The Board hangs in the Memorial Foyer of the Kenilworth Hall, and is complemented by other commemorative plaques and photographs.
- Kenilworth Memorial Hall, Maleny Road, Kenilworth Qld 4574
KENILWORTH & DISTRICT
[NAMES] [NAMES] [NAMES]
[Cross Killed in Action] [M Missing]
- Conflicts commemorated
- First World War, 1914-1918
Second World War, 1939-1945
- Memorial type
- Honour Board
- Commemorative services held
- ANZAC Day and Remembrance Day services are held at the hall each year.
- Additional information
Kenilworth's township was formed in 1921 and their hall was built, Some time in the 1950's it was extended and the foyer was dedicated to those who served. A plaque was erected which is on the stairway wall leading from the foyer up to the main part of the hall, and a cenotaph erected. A room was given the the Kenilworth RSL Sub-Branch to hold their memorabilia.
The Kenilworth RSL Sub-Branch ceased to exist from 2007, and the Kenilworth Hall Committeen took over responsibility for maintaining the hall room and memorabilia and organising the ANZAC Day and Remembrance Day services. The Kenilworth Hall Committee is committed to maintaining the RSL name in Kenilworth and ensuring at all times that the ANZAC Day and Remembrance Day services are held.
- Recorded by
- Blair Meldrum, Secretary, Kenilworth Hall Committee
- Date recorded
- 6 December 2009