Skip links and keyboard navigation

Blackall War Memorial

Description
Sandstone obelisk located in Memorial Park. Words have been engraved into the base of the memorial and two plaques inserted either side. Land for Memorial Park was donated by John Henry Hart of Springfield, Blackall, in 1925.
Location
Memorial Park, Hart Lane,
107km south of Barcaldine
(Matilda Highway), Blackall Qld 4472

Location of Blackall War Memorial

Inscription

Engraved into the memorial are the words: THEIR NAME LIVETH FOR EVERMORE

First plaque reads: Fallen Comrades 1914 - 1918 (lists names below)

Second plaque reads: Fallen Comrades 1939 - 1945

Conflicts commemorated
First World War, 1914-1918
Second World War, 1939-1945
Memorial type
Column/Obelisk/Pillar
Additional information

Mason was A L Petrie and Son. Dedicated in 1927

Recorded by
Shirley and Trevor McIvor
Date recorded
24 February 2009

Nearby memorials