Royal Australian Regiment Roll of Honour
The Roll of Honour is housed in the main memorial building and consisits of large marble panels, listing the 688 members of the Royal Australian Regiment who have died in the service of their country. The Roll is displayed in date order of conflict, Unit designation and then alphabetically in name order. The Regimental insignia and the Australian (Army) insignia are displayed at the crest of the tablets, with the names separated by the dedication and 'Battle Honours' outlined. The Regimental Ode is displayed, reminding all of the service shown by every member of the Regiment.
Refer to additional images and links.
- Conflicts commemorated
- Malayan Emergency, 1948–1960
- Korean War, 1950–1953
- Indonesian Confrontation, 1962–1966
- Vietnam War, 1962–1972
- Somalia, 1992–1994
- Peacekeeping, 1947–present
- Memorial type
- Honour roll
- Commemorative services held
- The Memorial complex is utilised for community remembrance activities on ANZAC Day, anniversaries of Battle Honours, campaigns and unit birthdays.
- Additional information
History of the formation and service of the Regiment can be found on the official website at - http://www.rar.org.au/History.html
Information regarding the individual elements of the Regiment can be found at the following link:
Explore the other aspects of the National Memorial Walk
[Link to main page]
- Recorded by
- Queensland War Memorial Register/Doug Tanner/RAR Association (QLD)
- Date recorded
- 29 May 2009