Sellheim Army Camp Memorial
A tall stone structure made up of two columns with a horizontal stone panel across the top. Two small plaques have been attached to the inside of each column. A small concrete cairn has recently been added, it is positioned on the base of the memorial under the top panel, centre. The memorial sits on a square concrete slab. Surrounding are small white rocks and a white chain fence is positioned at the front.
THIS MONUMENT MARKS THE SITE OF THE
SELLHEIM ARMY CAMP
1941 - 1982
AND IS A MEMORIAL TO THOSE WHO PASSED THROUGH
SELLHEIM, AND LOST THEIR LIVES ON WAR SERVICE.
ERECTED BY THE 31ST INFANTRY BATTALION ASSN.
(CHARTERS TOWERS BRANCH) AND DEDICATED
ON THE 1ST SEPTEMBER, 1985.
(Refer to additional images on this page for inscriptions on plaques).
- Conflicts commemorated
- Second World War, 1939–1945
- Memorial type
- Recorded by
- Doug Tanner
- Date recorded
- 3 March 2009
- Homestead State School War Memorial
- Palm Island War Memorial
- Pentland Soldiers Memorial Hall Stone
- Pentland and District 1914–1918 Honour Board
- Pentland and District 1939 - 1945 Honour Board
- Pentland and District and Torrens Creek Township Honour Board
- Ravenswood Honour Board
- Ravenswood State School Teachers and Ex-Pupils WWI Honour Board 1914-1919
- Ravenswood and District Paper Scroll
- Rollingstone RSL Dawn Service Memorial