St James Toowoomba Memorial Baptistery
This memorial takes the form of a church baptistry, dedeicated to the men of the Parish who served and died in the Second World War. There is a Roll of Honour inserted into the wall and there is a stained glass window in honour of Father John Barge, beheaded by the Japanese during World War II in New Britain.
The Roll of Honour lists 19 individuals of the parish.
Refer to images.
- Conflicts commemorated
- Second World War, 1939–1945
- Memorial type
- Recorded by
- Shirley and Trevor McIvor
- Date recorded
- 8 April 2009
- 25th Battalion Royal Queensland Regiment Memorial Wall
- Drayton Memorial Cross
- Drayton Wall of Remembrance
- Harlaxton War Memorial
- Newtown State School Roll of Honour
- Newtown State School War Memorial
- No 58 Squadron Roll of Honour 1939–1945
- North Toowoomba School Honour Board
- Queensland Railways Employees Roll of Honour
- Raff Street Uniting Church Roll of Honour