Stanthorpe War Memorial
Curved Sandstone wall on raised circular dias of steps. The new memorial replaces the original WW2 memorial. A significant flagpole has been erected behind the wall. The Memorial displays 6 plaques with Rolls of Honour and Tri-services badges.
LEST WE FORGET/
Refer to additional images.
- Conflicts commemorated
- First World War, 1914–1918
- Second World War, 1939–1945
- Korean War, 1950–1953
- Vietnam War, 1962–1972
- Memorial type
- Commemorative services held
Yes - The main commemorative services are now held at this memorial.
- Additional information
Anzac Day services were originally held at the WWI Memorial Pavillion, but due to difficulty accessing the site, the new memorial was built to replace the original WW2 memorial and the commemorations focussed here.
- Recorded by
- Dennis Stocks and Doug Tanner
- Date recorded
- 17 March 2009
- Stanthorpe RSL Sub Branch Honour Roll Korea
- Stanthorpe RSL Sub Branch Honour Roll Vietnam
- Stanthorpe RSL Sub Branch Honour Roll WWI and WWII
- Stanthorpe Roll of Honour 1914 - 1919
- Stanthorpe Roll of Honour 1939–1945
- Stanthorpe Roll of Honour Korea
- Stanthorpe Roll of Honour South Vietnam
- Stanthorpe Soldiers Memorial (WWI Pavilion)