Tiaro WWII Honour Roll
Four timber Honour Boards, displaying names printed in gold lettering. The boards commemorate 445 individuals from the former Tiaro Shire who served during the Second World War. Of those who served, 26 died on active service. The boards can be found on the wall of the Museum and take pride of place in remembrance of local heroes.
Refer to additional images for other Honour Boards.
- Conflicts commemorated
- Second World War, 1939–1945
- Memorial type
- Honour roll
- Additional information
The small Queensland township of Bauple is situated about 6 kilometres off the Bruce Highway approximately midway between Maryborough in the North and Gympie in the South. The Museum is on the main road that runs through the township and easily accessed by all types of vehicles.
The museum is open daily 9am - 4pm. Addmission by Gold coin donation. Wheel Chair access.
The Mount Bauple Museum was opened on 24 February 2001. This was 132 years after the first settler took up residence in the area. With so much history, local residents united in its preservation and have dedicated this museum for use by present and future generations.
The museum is operated by the Mount Bauple & District Historical Society Inc: http://www.bauplemuseum.com
- Recorded by
- Ann Chan, Mount Bauple & District Historical Society Inc
- Date recorded
- 9 June 2009
- Granville (Qld) War Memorial (Digger)
- Maryborough (Qld) War Memorial
- Maryborough Albert State School War Memorial
- Maryborough Asian Conflicts Memorial
- Maryborough Boer War Honour Board
- Maryborough RAN Memorial
- Maryborough Soldiers Memorial Gates
- Maryborough Walkers Shipyards Memorial
- Maryborough War Veterans Home Memorial
- Poona ANZAC War Memorial