Toowoomba Preparatory School WWII HQ 1st Army Plaque

Location of Toowoomba Preparatory School WWII HQ 1st Army Plaque

Toowoomba Preparatory School chapel, 2 Campbell Street
Toowoomba QLD 4350

A brass plque attached to timber backing. The plaque is dedicated to the Headquarters of the First Australian Army during World War II. The school was occupied between April 1942 and December 1943 by the Headquarters under the command of Lieutentant General Sir John Lavarack. During the era, the Prep was based at St Hilda's School at Southport.

Inscription

Refer to image.

Conflicts commemorated
  • Second World War, 1939–1945
  • Unit memorials
Memorial type
Plaque
Additional information

Toowoomba Preparatory School website: - www.tacaps.qld.edu.au

Recorded by
Toowoomba Preparatory School
Date recorded
27 August 2009

Nearby memorials

List all 54 memorials within postcode 4350.