Toowoomba State National Service Memorial
The solid black granite monument and base signify the strength and endurance of the Army, the stylized sails represent the Navy and the trailling into the Southern Cross is to symboise the Air Force. Each of the three services is represented by a different component of the design.
NATIONAL SERVICE 1951 -1972
Refer to additonal images.
- Conflicts commemorated
- Malayan Emergency, 1948–1960
- Korean War, 1950–1953
- Indonesian Confrontation, 1962–1966
- Vietnam War, 1962–1972
- Memorial type
- Additional information
Designed by Rene Rime of Toowoomba.
Commemorates the 212 National Servicemen killed on active service. It also remembers the 1,479 wounded and all National Servicemen who have died since.
- Recorded by
- Shirley and Trevor McIvor
- Date recorded
- 17 August 2009
- 25th Battalion Royal Queensland Regiment Memorial Wall
- Drayton Memorial Cross
- Drayton Wall of Remembrance
- Harlaxton War Memorial
- Newtown State School Roll of Honour
- Newtown State School War Memorial
- No 58 Squadron Roll of Honour 1939–1945
- North Toowoomba School Honour Board
- Queensland Railways Employees Roll of Honour
- Raff Street Uniting Church Roll of Honour