Townsville Grammar School War Service Honour Board
Timber panelled Honour Board displaying the names of individuals from the school community who have served in various wars and peac-keeping conflicts.
The Honour Board bears the inscription WAR SERVICE HONOUR ROLL and lists the names in 8 columnsm with a spare addenda column.
[Names] - 329 students who enlisted in World War II.
The Board also lists the names of those past students who fought in the Boer War , the Korean War  Borneo , Malaya , Vietnam  and United Nations Peace keeping Forces .
36 past students lost their lives during World War II [2 in the Navy, 10 In the Army and 24 in the Air Force]. 1 past student was killed in Vietnam. There is also a section dedicated to staff who served in World War II.
- Conflicts commemorated
- South Africa War, 1899–1902
- First World War, 1914–1918
- Second World War, 1939–1945
- Malayan Emergency, 1948–1960
- Korean War, 1950–1953
- Indonesian Confrontation, 1962–1966
- Vietnam War, 1962–1972
- Peacekeeping, 1947–present
- Memorial type
- Honour board
- Commemorative services held
- A service is held each year on the day before Anzac Day. All Senior School and Middle School students attend the service. A similar service is held at the Junior School.
- Additional information
This Honour Board was developed in the early 1990 s. It grew out of research undertaken for the Centenary Year in 1988. It is anticipated that the names of students who have participated in conflicts in the Middle East, East Timor and Afghanistan will be added to this Honour Board.
- Recorded by
- Bill Muller. Archivist and Kim Steele, Photographer
- Date recorded
- 5 October 2009
- 11th Aust Infantry Bde (AIF) Porton Memorial
- 2/2 Battalion Association Memorial
- 31/51 Australian Infantry Battalion Roll of Honour
- 31st Infantry Battalion Memorial
- 3rd Cavalry Regiment Memorial
- 4th Field Regiment RAA Memorial
- ANZAC Way War Memorial
- Australian Air Crews Memorial
- Battle of the Coral Sea Memorial
- City Administration Honour Board