West Ipswich and One Mile War Memorial
The Helidon sandstone memorial obelisk is topped by an Australian rising sun badge, and has a laurel wreath above the inscription. Positioned on a stepped plinth and black base surrounded by yellow and purple tinged pavers. Columns feature each side of the memorial.
HONOUR TO OUR BOYS
The Marble plaques read:
One Mile and Honour Roll, list 48 names. Of these 8 are marked with a K for Killed, and 3 with MM for Military Medal. On the back of the memorial are a further 7 names, with no heading. The names are not in alphabetical order.
- Conflicts commemorated
- First World War, 1914–1918
- Memorial type
- Commemorative services held
- Additional information
Originally located near Hooper Street at West Ipswich, this memorial was relocated to Leichhardt Park between November 2003 and April 2004.
- Recorded by
- Shirley and Trevor McIvor
- Date recorded
- 19 March 2009
- Brassall Methodist Church Honour Board
- Churchill Honour Stone
- Ipswich Cemetery Cenotaph
- Ipswich Cemetery Cross of Sacrifice
- Ipswich I.S.A. War Memorial
- Ipswich Naval Cairn
- Ipswich RSL Memorial Mural
- Ipswich Railway Workshops War Memorial (Digger)
- Ipswich Soldiers Memorial Hall R.S.L.A.
- Ipswich Soldiers Memorial Hall Roll of Honour