Wyandra War Memorial (Digger)
The life-sized digger is standing at attention on top of a typical Petrie base. The centre plaque reads: Erected by the residents in appreciation of those who enlisted from the district, in the Great War 1914-1919. Fallen, 3 names. Plaques on two other sides read: Enlistments, and list 26 names. Soldiers features are entirely different from most other digger memorials, and his slouch hat is smaller. There is a flagpole behind the memorial, which is enclosed in a higher than usual octagonal pipe and mesh fence with a gate at front. The memorial is at a main intersection in the small country town, a block west of the Matilda Highway.
Erected by the residents in appreciation of those who enlisted from the district, in the Great War 1914-1919. Fallen, 3 names - Other plaques indicate Roll of Honour.
- Conflicts commemorated
- First World War, 1914–1918
- Memorial type
- Additional information
Memorial dedicated 1920-1921, and constructed by A L Petrie & Sons, masons, Brisbane.
- Recorded by
- Shirley and Trevor McIvor/Dr Valerie Dennis, National Trust of Queensland
- Date recorded
- 2 March 2009