Australian Hospital Ship (AHS) Centaur Memorial Panel
Bas relief panels commemorating the sinking of the Australian Hospital Ship (AHS) Centaur by a Japanese submarine off Moreton Island during WWII. The panel is combined with a Royal Australian Navy carved tablet and depicts sailors, soldiers, medical staff and nurse who perished in the sinking. It also dedpicts the vessel itself.
There a two dedication plaques contributing the memorials to the memory of Fallen Comrades, by the Naval Association of Australia (Queensland Section), and the Centaur Memorial Fund for Nurses.
Refer to additonal images.
- Conflicts commemorated
- Second World War, 1939–1945
- Unit memorials
- Memorial type
- Recorded by
- Matt Smith, QLD War Memorial Register
- Date recorded
- 12 November 2009
- 106 Australian Casualty Clearing Station (AIF) Plaque
- 11th Australian Light Horse Regiment Memorial
- 11th Field Company Royal Australian Engineers Plaque
- 14th Australian Light Horse Regiment Memorial
- 15th and 2/15th Australian Battalions Memorials
- 19th Australian Field Ambulance 1939–1945 Plaque
- 1st Aust Corps Troops Supply Column Plaque
- 2/10 Field Regiment RAA Plaque
- 2/11 Field Company RAE Plaque
- 2/12 Field Regiment RAA Plaque