Australian Pioneer Battalions Memorial
Ornate marble and pressed copper Memorial, commemorating the men of the Australian Pioneers who served in the First World War. There were five Battalions and as such, the memorial dispays five enamelled Unit badges and the total Killed and wounded during the war.
Refer to additional images.
- Conflicts commemorated
- First World War, 1914–1918
- Unit memorials
- Memorial type
- Honour board
- Commemorative services held
The Shrine of memories is utilised during the ANZCA Day Services.
- Additional information
The Pioner Battalions were attached to the 5 Australian Dvisions and took the titles 1st - 5th Australian Pioneers. The Pioneers were responsible for the labour, construction and clearance on and off the battlefields.
- Recorded by
- QLD War memorial Register
- Date recorded
- 8 April 2009
- 106 Australian Casualty Clearing Station (AIF) Plaque
- 11th Australian Light Horse Regiment Memorial
- 11th Field Company Royal Australian Engineers Plaque
- 14th Australian Light Horse Regiment Memorial
- 15th and 2/15th Australian Battalions Memorials
- 19th Australian Field Ambulance 1939–1945 Plaque
- 1st Aust Corps Troops Supply Column Plaque
- 2/10 Field Regiment RAA Plaque
- 2/11 Field Company RAE Plaque
- 2/12 Field Regiment RAA Plaque