Bargara Beaufort Bomber Memorial
Stone memorial with plaques inserted on the top and the front, commemorating RAAF service personnel who crashed and died during the Second World War. It commemorates the crash site of JM A9-322 Beaufort bomber 7 N/miles east of the monument, on the top plaque, and the crash of Avro Anson Aw 902, which crashed into the sea on 1 June 1942, killing three Aircrew from the No. 8 Service Flying Training School, based at Bundaberg.
This plaque commemorates the crash site of JM A9-322 Beaufort bomber 7 N/miles east of this monument (in line with palm trees), whilst on active service with No 32 Sqn RAAF Bundaberg, on the 24th day of December 1943. Crew: F/O Ron Grieve (Pilot), F/O Ken Poulson (NAV), F/O Alan Corrie (WOP), F/Sgt Wm S Parsons (WAG).
ON THE 1ST JUNE 1942, THE FOLLOWING MEN WERE KILLED IN AN RAAF TRAINING ACCIDENT 1-1/2 MILES OFF THE COAST
400394 FlightSergeant Ronald Campbell Davies
415485 Leading Aircraftman Walter James Regan
420765 Leading Aircraftman Clifford James Lucas
- Conflicts commemorated
- Second World War, 1939–1945
- Unit memorials
- Memorial type
- Commemorative services held
The Coral Coast Chamber of Commerce and Tourism Inc. coordinates the ANZAC DAY Dawn Service, with members forming up at 5.15am in readiness for the march at 5.30am.
- Additional information
Memorial and top plaque: Unveiled by crew and Cr George Campbell Chairman, Woongarra Council on 18 December 1987.
A replica of this plaque has been placed at the base of the aircraft. All four crew survived both the sinking and a crash landing the previous day.
Unveiled by Pastor Cam Rub and Barbara Paramor who travelled from Perth to remember her father Flight Sergeant Ronald Campbell Davies, on ANZAC Day 2007.
- Recorded by
- Shirley and Trevor McIvor/Barbara Paramor
- Date recorded
- 24 February 2009
- Bargara National Service Memorial
- Bargara State School Roll of Honour
- Barolin State School Honour Boards
- Bingera and South Kolan WWI Honour Boards
- Bingera and South Kolan WWII Honour Board
- Bucca All Wars Memorial
- Bundaberg 47th Australian Infantry Battalion Memorial
- Bundaberg 47th Infantry Battalion Memorial Clock
- Bundaberg AFC and RAAF Memorial
- Bundaberg Aerodrome Neptune Propeller Memorial