Beenleigh War Memorial
The slab is encircled with the wall of the original water trough and bears the inscription. It carries the names of 61 soldiers, of whom 10 are listed as killed, and 2 as died on service, with a K or D beside their name. The slab is surmounted with the Rising Sun badge.
Adjacent is a wall to commemorate all conflicts. The wall contains plaques representing all the Services and World War I, World War II, Korea, Malaysia and Vietnam.
The Great War 1914-1919. Erected by the Citizens of Beenleigh and District.
- Conflicts commemorated
- First World War, 1914–1918
- Second World War, 1939–1945
- Malayan Emergency, 1948–1960
- Korean War, 1950–1953
- Indonesian Confrontation, 1962–1966
- Vietnam War, 1962–1972
- Memorial type
- Additional information
This memorial has outstanding significance: as a memorial originally designed with the symbolism of a monumental water trough; as an historical record of local participation and sacrifice in WWI. it is unusual in that names recorded are not in alphabetical order.
- Recorded by
- Shirley and Trevor McIvor
- Date recorded
- 9 March 2009
- Beenleigh RSL Memorial
- Beenleigh Soldiers Memorial
- Beenleigh St Joseph's School Tobruk Memorial
- Camp Cable Dog Mascot Memorial
- Camp Cable US 32nd Infantry Division Memorial Cairn
- Camp Cable USA Memorial Cairn
- Logan Village Honour Boards
- Logan Village R and S.L.A Club
- Logan Village State School Honour Board
- Logan Village War Memorial (relocated plaques)