Boulia War Memorial

Location of Boulia War Memorial

Herbert Street
1781km north-west of Brisbane
295km south of Mt Isa
Boulia QLD 4829

Square pillar of polished black granite surmounted with a stylised stainless steel Eternal Flame. Etched into each side of the cenotaph is a representative figure showing Navy, Army, Air Force and Nursing depicted wearing uniforms circa 1914–1918. The pillar is mounted on a concrete plinth located in the centre of a small paved island with two flagpoles at one edge

Inscription

Small dedication plaque reads:

ERECTED IN THE MEMORY OF THE MEN AND
WOMEN OF THE BOULIA SHIRE WHO
SERVED IN THE ARMED FORCES

THIS MEMORIAL REPLACES THE ORIGINAL MEMORIAL WHICH WAS OFFICIALLY OPENED 25 JANUARY 1975 BY MR A.F. ABBOTT, C.B.E.,
QUEENSLAND STATE PRESIDENT
RETURNED SERVICES LEAGUE OF AUSTRALIA

DEDICATED 11 NOVEMBER 2006

Lest We Forget

Conflicts commemorated
  • First World War, 1914–1918
  • Second World War, 1939–1945
Memorial type
Column/obelisk/pillar
Commemorative services held

Yes

Additional information

Images of the original memorial site have been included in the additional images section.

Recorded by
Trevor and Shirley McIvor/Evan Blackman, Boulia Shire Council
Date recorded
24 February 2009

Nearby memorials