Brisbane Central Synagogue War Memorial
The memorial at the Brisbane Synagogue, commemorates members of the parish who served during the Great War. The Honour Board forms part of a wider memorial, which incorporates 4 stained glass windows, located on either side of the Roll.
The left side windows commerorate the men and women of Australia's Armed Forces who served in two World Wars. The right side windows commemorate the deaths of 6 million Jews at the hands of the Third Reich and Nazism during World War II.
The Honour Board lists 46 men of the Jewish Faith who responded to the Nation's call during the Great War.
BRISBANE HEBREW CONGREGATION
THIS TABLET IS ERECTED IN HONOUR OF THE JEWISH MEN OF
QUEENSLAND, WHOSE NAMES ARE INSCRIBED HEREON. THEY
VOLUNTARILY JOINED THE FORCES OF H.M. KING GEORGE V, TO
DEFEND THE EMPIRE AND UPHOLD THE CAUSE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS.
IN THE GREAT WAR
- Conflicts commemorated
- First World War, 1914–1918
- Memorial type
- Recorded by
- Dennis Stocks and Doug Tanner/Matt Smith, QLD War Memorial Register
- Date recorded
- 20 July 2009
- 106 Australian Casualty Clearing Station (AIF) Plaque
- 11th Australian Light Horse Regiment Memorial
- 11th Field Company Royal Australian Engineers Plaque
- 14th Australian Light Horse Regiment Memorial
- 15th and 2/15th Australian Battalions Memorials
- 19th Australian Field Ambulance 1939–1945 Plaque
- 1st Aust Corps Troops Supply Column Plaque
- 2/10 Field Regiment RAA Plaque
- 2/11 Field Company RAE Plaque
- 2/12 Field Regiment RAA Plaque