Brisbane Grammar School Lumsden Fountain
Brisbane Grammar School, eastern end of the school's Administration building, 70 Gregory Terrace
Brisbane QLD 4000
Water fountain with sandstone base and enamel bowl at top, and small plaque just under the rim.
'To the memory of Graham M Lumsden aged 26 years, killed air operations Jan 18th 1945. Buried Erkelenz Germany. Erected by his parents W & M Lumsden. Brisbane. "His country called; he answered."'
- Conflicts commemorated
- Second World War, 1939–1945
- Memorial type
- Additional information
The fountain has been moved twice from its original location as new buildings have been erected. It is now no longer collected to the water supply.
GRAHAM MURRAY LUMSDEN was the son of William Henry Fraser Lumsden and Mary Josephine Lumsden, of Annerley, Queensland, Australia. Buried at the time in Erkelenz Town Cemetery, Germany, his grave waslost, and a special memorial was erected in Rheinberg War Cemetery in Germany.
- Recorded by
- Lesley McBurney
- Date recorded
- 1 September 2009
- 106 Australian Casualty Clearing Station (AIF) Plaque
- 11th Australian Light Horse Regiment Memorial
- 11th Field Company Royal Australian Engineers Plaque
- 14th Australian Light Horse Regiment Memorial
- 15th and 2/15th Australian Battalions Memorials
- 19th Australian Field Ambulance 1939–1945 Plaque
- 1st Aust Corps Troops Supply Column Plaque
- 2/10 Field Regiment RAA Plaque
- 2/11 Field Company RAE Plaque
- 2/12 Field Regiment RAA Plaque