Brisbane Rats of Tobruk Memorial
The memorial is constructed of moulded concrete and displays various commemroative elements and plaques. The memorial recognises the service and sacrifice imparted by the Garrison of Allied Troops, who were based at Tobruk during 1941 and successfully defended the town against Axis attacks.
The plaques recognise the role played by individual army units, as well as the important support provided by the Royal Australian Navy, during the siege. The Rats of Tobruk Association insignia is cleverly mosaiced into the grouond in front of the memorial.
Refer to additional images.
- Conflicts commemorated
- Second World War, 1939–1945
- Unit memorials
- Memorial type
- Recorded by
- Matt Smith, QLD War Memorial Register
- Date recorded
- 17 July 2009
- 106 Australian Casualty Clearing Station (AIF) Plaque
- 11th Australian Light Horse Regiment Memorial
- 11th Field Company Royal Australian Engineers Plaque
- 14th Australian Light Horse Regiment Memorial
- 15th and 2/15th Australian Battalions Memorials
- 19th Australian Field Ambulance 1939–1945 Plaque
- 1st Aust Corps Troops Supply Column Plaque
- 2/10 Field Regiment RAA Plaque
- 2/11 Field Company RAE Plaque
- 2/12 Field Regiment RAA Plaque