Brisbane State High School 1939–1945 Honour Board
A classically-styled timber Honour Board, located within the school Resource Centre. Located high on the south-western wall, the Board is accompanied by other similar displays of school achievement and heritage. The Board consists of a Roll of Honour, listing the names of 132 Alumni who served during the Second World War. The names are displayed in 3 columns. The Board itself consists of timber columns and pediment on the facade, witht the text in gold lettering.
ALUMNI LAUDE DIGNI MAXIMA
1939–1945 [Names] [Names]
- Conflicts commemorated
- Second World War, 1939–1945
- Memorial type
- Honour board
- Additional information
The original School opened in July 1921 in the Normal School on the corner of Adelaide and Edward Streets. It then moved to the present site in 1925. Since then, efficient use of the available area, purchase of adjacent properties and development of facilities on the site have resulted in the current school layout. 'State High' currently caters for a maximum of 2100 students.
Brisbane State High School website - www.statehigh.com.au
- Recorded by
- Matt Smith, QLD War Memorial Register
- Date recorded
- 8 February 2010