Bundaberg Aerodrome Neptune Propeller Memorial
Neptune Aircraft Propellor mountedbehind on behind a plinth with a commemoration plaque.
Erected with community support by the RAAF Assn Bundaberg and District to commemorate RAAF Station, Bundaberg, 16 October 1941 - 3 July 1947. Unveiled by Group Captain N P Middleton, CO 3AD, 19 November 1988.
- Conflicts commemorated
- Second World War, 1939–1945
- Unit memorials
- Memorial type
- Gun / war trophy
- Additional information
Honours the men and women who trained and worked on RAAF Station Bundaberg during World War Two. Some of whom died in training accidents. Situated in the forecourt gardens of the airport terminal. A Neptune propellor was used as Tiger Moth, Beaufort or Anson propellors were neither available nor suitable for external mounting. The Neptune propellor was provided by the Point Cook Museum.
- Recorded by
- Trevor and Shirley McIvor/Leone Wilson, Secretary, Wide Bay and Burnett District RSL
- Date recorded
- 24 February 2009
- Bargara Beaufort Bomber Memorial
- Bargara National Service Memorial
- Bargara State School Roll of Honour
- Barolin State School Honour Boards
- Bingera and South Kolan WWI Honour Boards
- Bingera and South Kolan WWII Honour Board
- Bucca All Wars Memorial
- Bundaberg 47th Australian Infantry Battalion Memorial
- Bundaberg 47th Infantry Battalion Memorial Clock
- Bundaberg AFC and RAAF Memorial