Bundaberg Milne Bay-Kokoda Memorial
Lions Remembrance Park, Electra Street
Bundaberg West QLD 4670
Bronze plaque mounted on a marble plinth. Below which are displayed the three badges of the services: RAN, Rising Sun, RAAF.
The memorial is dedicated to the 2165 individuals who inflicted the first defeat on the Japanese at Milne Bay, between July 1942 and January 1943. In additon, it commemorates other who served and died in other battles in the South-West Pacific between 1942 and 1945.
Dedicated to the memory of 2165 heroes who paid the supreme sacrifice between July 1942 and January 1943 while inflicting the first ever defeat on the Japanese Army in W.W.II.
Also remembering those who laid down their lives in later campaigns. In Papua and New Guinea from 1943-45. The heroism displayed in horrendous conditions for all who served in the various campaigns resulted in the salvation of Australia from imminent invasion. Saluting the parts played by the R.A.N, the A.I.F., and A.M.F., the R.A.A.F. and the Nurses in the Medical Units.
This was their finest hour
Lest We Forget
- Conflicts commemorated
- Second World War, 1939–1945
- Unit memorials
- Memorial type
- Commemorative services held
- Part of the Battle for Australia, Australian National Flag and International Mariners Day service - 10am, 3 September.
- Recorded by
- Leone Wilson, Secretary, Wide Bay and Burnett District RSL
- Date recorded
- 30 June 2009
- Bargara Beaufort Bomber Memorial
- Bargara National Service Memorial
- Bargara State School Roll of Honour
- Barolin State School Honour Boards
- Bingera and South Kolan WWI Honour Boards
- Bingera and South Kolan WWII Honour Board
- Bucca All Wars Memorial
- Bundaberg 47th Australian Infantry Battalion Memorial
- Bundaberg 47th Infantry Battalion Memorial Clock
- Bundaberg AFC and RAAF Memorial