Bundaberg POW War Memorial
Lions Remembrance Park, Electra Street
Bundaberg West QLD 4670
Concrete plinth, displaying a marble tablet dedicated to the service of men and women from all wars, who suffered the misfortune of becoming a Prisoner of War. These include military and civilian individuals.
WE HONOUR OUR DEAD BY CARING FOR OUR LIVING This memorial is dedicated to all the Men and Women of the Australian Military Forces and Civilians who were Prisoners Of War or Internees in all wars. LEST WE FORGET.
(Erected by the Bundaberg Group of Ex-POW - 2003)
- Conflicts commemorated
- South Africa War, 1899–1902
- First World War, 1914–1918
- Second World War, 1939–1945
- Korean War, 1950–1953
- Vietnam War, 1962–1972
- Unit memorials
- Memorial type
- Commemorative services held
- Part of the Battle for Australia, Australian National Flag and International Mariners Day service - 10am, 3 September.
- Additional information
The memorial was dedicated on 10 April 2003.
- Recorded by
- Leone Wilson, Secretary, Wide Bay and Burnett District RSL
- Date recorded
- 1 July 2009
- Bargara Beaufort Bomber Memorial
- Bargara National Service Memorial
- Bargara State School Roll of Honour
- Barolin State School Honour Boards
- Bingera and South Kolan WWI Honour Boards
- Bingera and South Kolan WWII Honour Board
- Bucca All Wars Memorial
- Bundaberg 47th Australian Infantry Battalion Memorial
- Bundaberg 47th Infantry Battalion Memorial Clock
- Bundaberg AFC and RAAF Memorial