Bundaberg Rats of Tobruk Memorial
Rats of Tobruk Memorial Park, cnr Takalvan Street (Isis Highway) and Steffensen Street
Bundaberg QLD 4670
The monument is 5 metres high with 300 cement blocks. The foundation and base are constructed out of concrete, 22 cubic meters. Paths and lawns surround the area and the memorials is a replica of the memorial built by 9 Division Engineers in the Tobruk War Cemetery, Libyain 1941.
Refer to additional images.
- Conflicts commemorated
- Second World War, 1939–1945
- Unit memorials
- Memorial type
- Commemorative services held
Rats of Tobruk Sunday - 10am, First Sunday in April. The Rats of Tobruk Memorial Association, Bundaberg.
- Additional information
Rats of Tobruk memorial unveiled 10.30am Friday 30 October 1998 by Cr Kay McDuff, Mayor of Bundaberg, at Lions Memorial Park. Dedicated by Rev John Swift.
- Recorded by
- Shirley and Trevor McIvor/Leone Wilson, Wide Bay and Burnet District RSL
- Date recorded
- 24 February 2009
- Bargara Beaufort Bomber Memorial
- Bargara National Service Memorial
- Bargara State School Roll of Honour
- Barolin State School Honour Boards
- Bingera and South Kolan WWI Honour Boards
- Bingera and South Kolan WWII Honour Board
- Bucca All Wars Memorial
- Bundaberg 47th Australian Infantry Battalion Memorial
- Bundaberg 47th Infantry Battalion Memorial Clock
- Bundaberg AFC and RAAF Memorial