Cairns Australian Army Medical Corps Memorial

Location of Cairns Australian Army Medical Corps Memorial

Cairns North Primary School, 381 Sheridan Street
Cairns North QLD 4870

Granite boulder supporting two dedication plaques, commemorating the efforts of the staff of the Australian Army Medcial Corps and Army volunteers, during the Second World War, who participated in the development of anti-malarial medication and treatment. In particular, the memorial commemrates the leadership of Brigadier Sir Neil Hamilton Fairley, KBE, FRS, who was foremost in the drive for research and development. The memorial was relocated from the
hockey grounds and the site dedicated by Chaplain S R Hall, RAN, on 16 August 1995.

Inscription

Refer to additional images.

Conflicts commemorated
  • Second World War, 1939–1945
  • Unit memorials
Memorial type
Stone/cairn/plinth
Recorded by
Shirley and Trevor McIvor
Date recorded
27 February 2009

Nearby memorials