Caloundra Military Jetty Memorial
A large stone memorial with plaque commemorating the 50th anniversary of the building and occupation of the 2nd AIF Troops on Bribie Island in December 1941 after the entry of Japan into the war. Situated next to the jetty the stone sits on a concrete stepped base with timber fence posts and chain surrounding.
THIS PLAQUE WAS ERECTED BY CALOUNDRA SUB BRANCH OF THE RETURNED SERVICES LEAGUE OF AUSTRALIA.
TO COMMEMORATE THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE BUILDING AND OCCUPATION OF DEFENCES BY 2ND AIF TROOPS ON BRIBIE ISLAND IN DECEMBER 1941 AFTER THE ENTRY OF JAPAN INTO THE WAR.
UNVEILED BY HIS WORSHIP THE MAYOR ALDERMAN BARRY GRAY 8TH DECEMBER 1991.
- Conflicts commemorated
- Second World War, 1939–1945
- Memorial type
- Additional information
Established 8 December 1991
- Recorded by
- Shirley and Trevor McIvor
- Date recorded
- 25 March 2009
- 2/27 Battalion AIF Memorial Plaque
- Bob McInnes Memorial Garden
- Caloundra 2/27 Battalion AIF Memorial Plaque
- Caloundra 7th Australian Destroyer Flotilla Plaque
- Caloundra AHS Centaur Memorial
- Caloundra Arctic Convoy Veterans Association Memorial Plaque
- Caloundra Centaur Nursing Home War Memorial
- Caloundra Honour Board
- Caloundra Lighthouse Hill U.S.A and Australian Forces Stone
- Caloundra Memorial Walkway