An aluminium spire in Fuller Place is set on the original digger base, originally positioned near the railway overpass from 1919 to 1977. The digger was removed, restored and relocated to the RSL further along Heeney Street. The memorial base is made of the original stone. The marble panels from the 1919 memorial have been re-used on this memorial.
ERECTED BY THE RESIDENTS TO SHOW THEIR APPRECIATION OF THOSE WHO ENLISTED FROM THE DISTRICT
(Refer to additional images on this page for names listed.)
- Conflicts commemorated
- First World War, 1914–1918
- Memorial type
- Commemorative services held
Dawn Service: All ex-service personnel to assemble at the Cenotaph for the Dawn Service at 6am.
Public Service: The Public Commemoration Service will commence at the Cenotaph at 11am.
Street Parade: All ex-Service Personnel, Women's Auxiliary, family representatives and others taking part in the parade are requested to assemble at Railway Street at 10.30am to march to the public service at 10.45am.
Floral Tributes: Organisations and private persons intending to place wreaths at the Public Commemoration Service are requested to leave names at the Chinchilla Customer Service Centre 80 - 86 Heeney Street before 4pm on Thursday, 22 April 2010.
Essay Competition: School Essay prizes will be presented immediately following the close of the 11am service.
Contact: Peter Saxelby, Community Service Coordinator Chinchilla - Phone 07 4662 7048 - Fax 07 4672 1199 - Mobile 0439 411 588
- Additional information
The original digger base has also been renovated and relocated.
Councillor Charles Harvey Fuller unveiled the spire memorial on 17 March 1979.
- Recorded by
- Shirley and Trevor McIvor/John Moffitt, Chinchilla Sub-Branch RSL/Peter Saxelby, Community Service Coordinator - Chinchilla, Western Downs Regional Co
- Date recorded
- 9 March 2009
- Burncluith Soldiers Memorial Hall Honour Roll
- Burra Burri Honour Board
- Chinchilla Civic Centre Honour Board
- Chinchilla Lawn Cemetery Wall of Honour
- Chinchilla RSL Memorial (Digger)
- Darr Creek Honour Board
- Our Lady Help of Christians Church
- Pelican Hall Memorial Plaques
- Shire of Chinchilla Honour Roll
- St Josephs School Honour Trees