Chinchilla RSL Memorial (Digger)
This is the original digger from the Chinchilla War Memorial originally at Anzac Park. The digger was damaged and removed from the original base in 1977. It was renovated and relocated without it's original base to the RSL. A sandstone statue of an Australian infantryman with cocked hat and rifle, resting against a tree stump for support. The statue stands on part of the original 1919 pedestal: a sandstone block with crossed flags carved on the front face. This then rests on another larger sandstone block, which has a brass plaque on the street face. The memorial sits on a ground-level concrete base, and is surrounded by a metal railing.
Brass Plaque inscription: Renovated & Relocated by the RSL Women's Auxiliary 1992.
- Conflicts commemorated
- First World War, 1914–1918
- Memorial type
- Additional information
The original digger base has also been renovated with an Aluminum spire inserted on top. It's located in Fuller Place. The Chinchilla (digger) statue was erected as part of the Chinchilla War Memorial, unveiled on 30 January 1919 by the Governor of Queensland, Major Sir Hamilton Goold-Adams, GCMG, CB.
- Recorded by
- Shirley and Trevor McIvor
- Date recorded
- 9 March 2009
- Burncluith Soldiers Memorial Hall Honour Roll
- Burra Burri Honour Board
- Chinchilla Cenotaph
- Chinchilla Civic Centre Honour Board
- Chinchilla Lawn Cemetery Wall of Honour
- Darr Creek Honour Board
- Our Lady Help of Christians Church
- Pelican Hall Memorial Plaques
- Shire of Chinchilla Honour Roll
- St Josephs School Honour Trees