Churchill Honour Stone
A formed concrete upright recliner with a marble panel recessed into the front. It has been painted with white paint and the marble plaque has lead lettering. The honour roll lists 24 locals who served during the war.
1914 THE GREAT WAR 1920
CHURCHILL ROLL OF HONOUR (list of names below)
Refer to image on this page for names listed
- Conflicts commemorated
- First World War, 1914–1918
- Memorial type
- Honour roll
- Commemorative services held
- Additional information
This memorial honour stone has replaced the original Honour Board once located on the corner of Churchill and Cemetery Roads. The original Honour Board was unveiled in December 1916.
The memorial was relocated to Lobley Park in February 1968.
- Recorded by
- Shirley and Trevor McIvor
- Date recorded
- 19 March 2009
- Brassall Methodist Church Honour Board
- Ipswich Cemetery Cenotaph
- Ipswich Cemetery Cross of Sacrifice
- Ipswich I.S.A. War Memorial
- Ipswich Naval Cairn
- Ipswich RSL Memorial Mural
- Ipswich Railway Workshops War Memorial (Digger)
- Ipswich Soldiers Memorial Hall R.S.L.A.
- Ipswich Soldiers Memorial Hall Roll of Honour
- North Ipswich RSL War Memorial