Clermont (Remembrance Way) Memorials
Remembrance Way in the Anzac Park section of Hood Lagoon contains a number of stone based structures and bronze commemorative plaques of considerable significance. From the recognition of the service contributions made by local Clermont Aboriginal people, to other localsfrom Clermont including Nurse Beatrice Huston, the first Queensland Nurse to go to war - the Anglo-Boer War in South Africa; and Trooper Victor sStanley Jones, the first Australian Soldier to be killed in war - as a Soldier in the Boer War on 1 January 1900.
A further memorial in the form of a bunker re-creation marks the contribution made by William (Billy) Sing DCM, the crack sniper of the Anzacs.
Other plaques have been placed by locals to honour other men and women from Clermont who have served in the Australian Armed Services.
LEST WE FORGET
- Conflicts commemorated
- South Africa War, 1899–1902
- First World War, 1914–1918
- Second World War, 1939–1945
- Korean War, 1950–1953
- Vietnam War, 1962–1972
- Memorial type
- Commemorative services held
- Dawn Service
4.15am All those wishing to march are to assemble at the corner of Capricorn and Herschel Sts.4.28am A short ceremony including the laying of wreaths will be conducted at the R.S.L9.30am A March for all ex-members and members of the services and the public. Please assemble at the corner of Capella and Box Streets for the march to "Remembrance Way" at the Lagoon.
- Additional information
9.40am A public meeting will be conducted by Isaac Regional Council at the Lagoon to commemorate Anzac Day.
12.30pm A luncheon will be held at the Club Rooms of the R.S.L. All ex-servicemen and women are invited to attend the luncheon provided by the ladies auxiliary. Fellowship commencing at 12.00 noon.
- Recorded by
- Isaac Regional Council
- Date recorded
- 20 April 2009
- Bathampton State School World War 2 Honour Board
- Birimgan State School World War 2 Honour Board
- Blair Athol Roll of Honour
- Clermont 26 Australian Infantry Battalion (AIF) Roll of Honour
- Clermont All Saints' Parish Honour Board
- Clermont Blair Athol State School World War 2 Honour Board
- Clermont War Memorial
- Clermont and District 1914–1918 List of Fallen
- Clermont and District 1939 - 1945 List of Fallen