Enoggera Hall of Memory

Location of Enoggera Hall of Memory

Trundle and Wardell Streets
Enoggera QLD 4051

A long, cream weatherboard building with a concrete portico at the front. The frontage is domintaed by a marble commemoration plaque.

Inscription

HALL

OF MEMORY.

THEIR NAME

LIVETH

FOR EVERMORE

A smaller plaque bolted onto the base reads:

In memory of

PADRE BROWN

THE DIGGER'S FRIEND

Conflicts commemorated
First World War, 1914–1918
Memorial type
Building
Additional information

In 1916 the government granted the old and original Enoggera State School building for use as a School of Arts. This was used on the school site for a short period of time, and was later moved to its present site at the intersection of Wardell and Trundle Streets. This original small building still remains at the southern rear end, and was incorporated into the design when construction commenced on the current Enoggera Memorial Hall in 1925.

Recorded by
Lesley McBurney/Doug Tanner
Date recorded
4 January 2010

Nearby memorials