Gowrie State School War Memorial
A sandstone memorial with marble Roll of Honour that lists 17 names of personnel who served in WWI. The memorial is inserted on artificial grass and a flagpole is set behind the memorial.
There is a separate 'Australia Remembers' memorial commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the end of WWII. Dedicated in 1995.
LEST WE FORGET
- Conflicts commemorated
- First World War, 1914–1918
- Second World War, 1939–1945
- Memorial type
- Additional information
The memorial was relocated to Gowrie State School from Gowrie Junction Railway Station on Anzac Day 1996.
The Gowrie Junction Progress Association conducts a Dawn Service at the memorial on ANZAC Day, 25 April.
- Recorded by
- Gowrie State School
- Date recorded
- 3 April 2009
- Cabarlah Borneo Barracks 11th Light Horse Memorial
- Highfields Services Memorial
- Karara and District Honour Roll Vietnam
- Karara and District Honour Roll WWI and WWII
- Karara and District Honour Roll WWI
- Maclagan Memorial Gates
- Maclagan and Quinalow District War Memorial
- Spring Bluff Memorial Stone
- Withcott Memorial Cairn
- Withcott War Memorial