H.M.A.S. Hobart 1938 - 1962 Plaque
Bronze plaque dedicated to the service of H.M.A.S. Hobart between 1938 and 1962. The plaque displays the crest of the vessel and a silouette of the 'Cruiser'. The Hobart was damaged extensively after being torpedoed by a Japanese Submarine in 1943 and after repairs, was present at the surrender of Japan in September 1945. The Battle Honours are displayed.
Refer to images.
- Conflicts commemorated
- Second World War, 1939–1945
- Unit memorials
- Memorial type
- Commemorative services held
- The Shrine is utilised for commemorative events.
- Additional information
History of the H.M.A.S. Hobart on the Royal Australian Navy website.
- Recorded by
- QLD Warmemorial Register
- Date recorded
- 14 April 2009
- 106 Australian Casualty Clearing Station (AIF) Plaque
- 11th Australian Light Horse Regiment Memorial
- 11th Field Company Royal Australian Engineers Plaque
- 14th Australian Light Horse Regiment Memorial
- 15th and 2/15th Australian Battalions Memorials
- 19th Australian Field Ambulance 1939–1945 Plaque
- 1st Aust Corps Troops Supply Column Plaque
- 2/10 Field Regiment RAA Plaque
- 2/11 Field Company RAE Plaque
- 2/12 Field Regiment RAA Plaque