H.M.A.S. Shropshire 1928 - 1954 Plaque
Bronze plaque dedicated to the memory of the H.M.A.S. Shropshire and her service between 1942 and 1954. The vessel was the Australian Flagship for the Japanese surrender in Tokyo Bay in 1945. The memorial displays the Ship's Crest and lists the awards and decorations received by the ship's company during its service.
Refer to images.
- Conflicts commemorated
- Second World War, 1939–1945
- Unit memorials
- Memorial type
- Commemorative services held
- The Shrine is utilised for commemorative events.
- Additional information
History of the H.M.A.S. Shropshire on the Royal Australian Navy website.
- Recorded by
- Qld War Memorial Register
- Date recorded
- 14 April 2009
- 106 Australian Casualty Clearing Station (AIF) Plaque
- 11th Australian Light Horse Regiment Memorial
- 11th Field Company Royal Australian Engineers Plaque
- 14th Australian Light Horse Regiment Memorial
- 15th and 2/15th Australian Battalions Memorials
- 19th Australian Field Ambulance 1939–1945 Plaque
- 1st Aust Corps Troops Supply Column Plaque
- 2/10 Field Regiment RAA Plaque
- 2/11 Field Company RAE Plaque
- 2/12 Field Regiment RAA Plaque