H.M.A.S. Sydney 1935-1941 Plaque
Bronze plaque dedicated to the memory of the "Cruiser" HMAS Sydney, which was lost with all crew on 19 November 1941, off the Western Australian coast. The plaque displays the silouette of the vessel and the crest, and outlines the service history prior to the sinking.
Refer to additional images.
- Conflicts commemorated
- Second World War, 1939–1945
- Unit memorials
- Memorial type
- Commemorative services held
- The Shrine is utilised for commemorative events.
- Additional information
History of the H.M.A.S. Sydney on the Royal Australian Navy website.
- Recorded by
- Matt Smith, Qld War Memorial Register
- Date recorded
- 30 July 2009
- 106 Australian Casualty Clearing Station (AIF) Plaque
- 11th Australian Light Horse Regiment Memorial
- 11th Field Company Royal Australian Engineers Plaque
- 14th Australian Light Horse Regiment Memorial
- 15th and 2/15th Australian Battalions Memorials
- 19th Australian Field Ambulance 1939–1945 Plaque
- 1st Aust Corps Troops Supply Column Plaque
- 2/10 Field Regiment RAA Plaque
- 2/11 Field Company RAE Plaque
- 2/12 Field Regiment RAA Plaque