Hampden and Ossa Roll of Honor 1914-1919
Timber honour board with gold lettering, listing 60 individuals who served in The Great War form Hampden and Ossa Districts.
The Roll of Honour indicates those that were:
Killed in Action (8); Died of Illness (2); Died of Wounds (1); wounded (32); Military Medals Awarded (3); and Mentioned in Despatches (1).
HAMPDEN AND OSSA HONOUR ROLL
For King and Country.
(refer to additional images for list of names)
- Conflicts commemorated
- First World War, 1914–1918
- Memorial type
- Honour board
- Commemorative services held
The school has an ANZAC Day Dawn Service, followed by a breakfast in their Remembrance Garden. The students are heavily involved in this commemorative ceremony.
Remembrance Day services are also held.
- Additional information
The Roll of Honor is in storage at the School and is displayed on ANZAC Day and Remembrance Day.
It was previously hanging in the Kuttabul Community Hall until about 2002.
- Recorded by
- Glen Hall, Mackay Historical Society
- Date recorded
- 9 March 2009
- Eton Memorial Gates 1939–1945
- Eton War Memorial 1914–1918
- Farleigh Mill and District Roll of Honour 1914 - 1919
- Gargett and District Honour Board 1914-1919
- Gargett and District War Memorial Gates
- Kuttabul Roll of Honour
- Owens and Beatrice Creeks Honour Board 1939–1945
- Pinnacle and District 1914–1918 Honour Board
- Pleystowe and District Honour Board 1939-1946