Maleny RSL Memorial Hall

Location of Maleny RSL Memorial Hall

1 Bunya Street
Maleny QLD 4552

Timber building adjacent to Obi Obi Creek on eastern approach to town

Inscription

ERECTED BY THE PEOPLE OF
MALENY, CONONDALE
AND DISTRICTS,
IN MEMORY OF THOSE
WHO PAID THE SUPREME SACRIFICE
IN THE 1914–1918 & 1939–1945 WARS
"THEIR NAME LIVETH FOR EVERMORE"

Conflicts commemorated
  • First World War, 1914–1918
  • Second World War, 1939–1945
Memorial type
Building
Commemorative services held

ANZAC Day Dawn Service and a Commemorative Service prior to lunch at RSL on ANZAC Day; Remembrance Day Service.

Additional information

The Maleny RSL Hall was originally a Royal Australian Air Force building. In 1946 it was purchased, dismantled and removed from the Maryborough depot by the Maleny Sub Branch of the Returned Sailors , Soldiers and Airmen's Imperial League of Australia. The hall was officially opened in 1948.

Recorded by
Maleny RSL Sub Branch
Date recorded
20 January 2012

Nearby memorials