ANZAC Square Peace Keepers Memorial
Tree and plaque memorial, situated on the south-western edge of ANZAC Square. The tree is a commemorative pine and the plaque inserted into the base, commemorates Australian Peace Makers and Peace Keepers. The marble for the plaque was donated by the People of East Timor to the People of Queensland in 2001. The plaque and memorial are supported by the United Nations Association of Queensland.
This memorial is part of a group of memorials situated at Anzac Square, Brisbane. A map is available.
See additional images for plaque detail.
- Conflicts commemorated
- Peacekeeping, 1947–present
- Memorial type
- Commemorative services held
The memorial is utilised as part of the Commemorative Services held at ANZAC Square.
- Additional information
The tree was planted by His Excellency, The Governor of Queensland, Major General Peter Arnison AO, to celebrate United Nation's Day on 2 October 2001.
- Recorded by
- QLD War Memorial Register
- Date recorded
- 2 April 2009
- 106 Australian Casualty Clearing Station (AIF) Plaque
- 11th Australian Light Horse Regiment Memorial
- 11th Field Company Royal Australian Engineers Plaque
- 14th Australian Light Horse Regiment Memorial
- 15th and 2/15th Australian Battalions Memorials
- 19th Australian Field Ambulance 1939–1945 Plaque
- 1st Aust Corps Troops Supply Column Plaque
- 2/10 Field Regiment RAA Plaque
- 2/11 Field Company RAE Plaque
- 2/12 Field Regiment RAA Plaque