ANZAC Square Womens Freize
This memorial which is sculptured on the western wall of Anzac Square takes the form of a sculptured panel of infantry and horse drawn guns. The sculptor was Daphne Mayo of Brisbane and it was erected by the Women of Queensland in 1932 'in memory of all who lost their lives through the Great War 1914-18'. In front of the memorial there is a sandstone drinking fountain supported by four bronze fish. The memorial was unveiled by Lady Goodwin on 24 March 1932.
This memorial is part of a group of memorials situated at Anzac Square, Brisbane. A map is available.
Refer to additonal images.
- Conflicts commemorated
- First World War, 1914–1918
- Unit memorials
- Memorial type
- Commemorative services held
The memorial is utilised in commemorative activities in ANZAC Square.
- Recorded by
- Shirley and Trevor McIvor/QLD War Memorial Register
- Date recorded
- 2 April 2009
- 106 Australian Casualty Clearing Station (AIF) Plaque
- 11th Australian Light Horse Regiment Memorial
- 11th Field Company Royal Australian Engineers Plaque
- 14th Australian Light Horse Regiment Memorial
- 15th and 2/15th Australian Battalions Memorials
- 19th Australian Field Ambulance 1939–1945 Plaque
- 1st Aust Corps Troops Supply Column Plaque
- 2/10 Field Regiment RAA Plaque
- 2/11 Field Company RAE Plaque
- 2/12 Field Regiment RAA Plaque