Nundah Memorial Park
The Nundah Memorial Park is a combination of three main memorial and commemorative elements:
1. Shire of Toombul War Memorial (Digger)
Previously known as Buckland Park, the area was redesigned following the construction of the Nundah Deviation Tunnel in 2001/2002. The park was disected to make way for the construction. The entire site was relevelled and re-turfed to accommodate the number of people who attend Commemorative Services at the site. To add to the existing WWI 'Digger' Memorial', the Milne Bay and WWII Memorial Wall as it was dedicated in September 2007, and the original war memorial and war trophy restored to their former glory.
The whole site is maintained by the Nundah Northgate RSL Sub-Branch and Brisbane City Council. Further improvments are planned.
Refer to the additional images.
- Conflicts commemorated
- First World War, 1914–1918
- Second World War, 1939–1945
- Unit memorials
- Memorial type
- Commemorative services held
- ANZAC Day services are held at the commemorative site - 25 April. The Battle of Milne Bay service is held between 25 August and 5 September.
- Recorded by
- Shirley and Trevor McIvor, Dennis Stocks and Doug Tanner, Max Shadlow (Retd), Immediate Past President, Nundah Northgate RSL Sub Branch.
- Date recorded
- 7 July 2009