Pine Rivers Memorial Gates
On a main Brisbane arterial road, these gates are an impressive entrance to the Pine Rivers RSL complex which itself has one of the most extensive series of war memorials in Queensland within its grounds. The gates were relocated on at least two occasions, the final relocation to the RSL taking place in 1987. The gates have been painted blue, with black 1914-1919 - Pine Rivers Honour Gates, and white marble plaques.
White wrought iron gates are between the piers, in a pattern continued along the fence. Scrolls are featured along the tops of the actual gates.
Elaborate carving is featured on the top of each pier, and the plaques on piers 2 and 4 are in the form of marble scrolls.
Reading from left to right the plaques are:
(Pier 1) World War II 1939–1945 R N Lonergan, M J Ryan; (below)
Malaya 1948–1960, 1964-1965.
(Pier 2) 1914 List of 28 names. (below) Korea 1950-1954. Pine Rivers.
(Pier 3) 1919 These memorial gates are dedicated to the memory of our fallen heroes in the Great War. July 1923. (below) Vietnam 1962-1973. Honour Gates.
(Pier 4) World War II 1939–1945. E M Fink, R G Hyde. (below) Borneo 1962-1966.
- Conflicts commemorated
- First World War, 1914–1918
- Second World War, 1939–1945
- Malayan Emergency, 1948–1960
- Korean War, 1950–1953
- Indonesian Confrontation, 1962–1966
- Vietnam War, 1962–1972
- Memorial type
- Commemorative services held
- Additional information
Mason: A L Petrie and Son, July 1923
- Recorded by
- Shirley and Trevor McIvor
- Date recorded
- 24 February 2009
- Black Duck Cottage War Memorial
- Kallangur Town Centre Memorial Park Gate
- Murrumba Downs Vietnam Veterans' Memorial Place
- Pine Rivers RSL Australian Air Forces Memorial
- Pine Rivers RSL Australian Light Horse Memorial Wall
- Pine Rivers RSL Australian and Allied Forces Memorial
- Pine Rivers RSL Cenotaph
- Pine Rivers RSL Korea Memorial
- Pine Rivers RSL National Servicemens Memorial Wall
- Pine Rivers RSL Naval Memorial